World of Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World of Cichlids

Discuss and learn about the world of Cichlids

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Denitrator Coil??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sforys

sforys

Denitrator Coil?? Empty
PostSubject: Denitrator Coil??   Denitrator Coil?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Hey i was just wondering, has anyone here built their own Denitrator coil. Would you reccomend building one? I know that this link is for saltwater, but would this same idea work for a freshwater?
http://saltaquarium.about.com/library/blank/bldondiydenitratornew.htm
Back to top Go down
cichlidmaniac
Admin
cichlidmaniac

Denitrator Coil?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denitrator Coil??   Denitrator Coil?? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:39 am

I went through the website,I have to say its quiet impressive.I am sure it will work for a freshwater tank.Who knows,i might give it a try.

Last edited by cichlidmaniac on Fri May 02, 2008 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cichlidheaven.forumotion.com
sforys

sforys

Denitrator Coil?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denitrator Coil??   Denitrator Coil?? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:47 pm

After doing more research yesterday i found that it is fine to be used with a freshwater the only problem which can occur no matter what setup you have, if the water does not flow fast enough you will get an eggy smell, in other words the bacteria are creating hydrogen sulfide(poisionous to fish) pale . That is really my only worry about the setup but otherwise it sounds perfect. Its a little harder to make without a sump but i found a good pump for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Denitrator Coil?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denitrator Coil??   Denitrator Coil?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Denitrator Coil??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Cichlids :: Miscellaneous Topics :: General discussion-
Jump to: