World of Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World of Cichlids

Discuss and learn about the world of Cichlids

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flag Cichlid Keeping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ortamenxs

ortamenxs

Flag Cichlid Keeping Empty
PostSubject: Flag Cichlid Keeping   Flag Cichlid Keeping Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Here is a cute little guy, silver with a black stripe down his side. Males have a bit longer face than the females. They are also more senitive than other cichlids to water conditions and prefer a ph of about 7-8. Good filtration is needed. The good thing about these guys is they mix well with other cichlids, and plants. Most of the time you get diggers and chasers, but these little (8-9" when fully grown) guys are rather peaceful. They will eat small feeders, and will leave plants alone for the most part. They like heavy coverage, and hiding places, they are not too aggressive and do well in tanks where you want plants, and lots of coverage. A word of warning they will eat some plants, so far I've heavent' heard of any specific ones it seems whatever the individual fish finds tasty. They will accept "green" food and it is suggested you give them some in your feeding rotation. Tank water is a 70-75 temp range which works well with other cichlids. They are under a foot at maximum size so they aren't huge and make a good "medium" cichlid. I've never seen anyone breed them but I have heard that like other cichlids they like a flat clean stone, rock, tile, anything hard and flat to use. They are from the Amazon in South America, if you have dimmer lights on your tank they come out with dimmer lights, or with your tank light off and a room light on more often, in bright lights they may hide a majority of the time. Since they don't dig you can use substrate, but I would still suggest rooting plants in rock.
Back to top Go down
Breninoz

Breninoz

Flag Cichlid Keeping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Cichlid Keeping   Flag Cichlid Keeping Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:58 am

I LOVE FESTIVUMS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishgeeks.com.au

Flag Cichlid Keeping
Page 1 of 1