World of Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World of Cichlids

Discuss and learn about the world of Cichlids

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Benefits of algae

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cichlidmaniac
Admin
cichlidmaniac

Benefits of algae Empty
PostSubject: Benefits of algae   Benefits of algae Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:46 am

So your tank and stand is ready.Looking and searching for the finest substrate thats does not put a hole in your pocket is purchased and ready to go in the tank. After much thinking, arranging and rearranging the stones you finally got the perfect shot.And you think its the best looking tank in the neighbourhood.And your fish will be happy to stay in the new tank."I guess not".

Stones are an important element in most of the cichlid tank.Some stones have caloric value which helps to maintain PH levels eg(Texas holy rock). But it becomes more beneficial when it has the natural element in it,algae.It may be one of the major problems faced by most aquarist.But a minimum amount of algae is very essential.Most of the diet of cichlids of east africa are mainly algae,other than providing a food source to your fish it also helps in reducing the need for greater amounts of toxic made by fish waste.Algae is a sign of good water.

Some easy steps to cultivate algea in a fast process.

Take a bucket and fill it up with water.Add the stones and leave it under direct sunlight for a week.

Benefits of algae LgBgQU7D2z-6tC7q3iMzeU_cPdqEaXkp

In a week you should notice algae formation on your buckets edges and gradually the stones.Notice algea formation on the side of the bucket in the pic.

Benefits of algae 5nI3EQOp2z_-gNfoeF6_eNqVUgyxUv12

Note.When you put the stones in your running tank.some algae may die due to change in temperature.But as the growth has already started its should not take long with a minimum of 8 hours of light for the first week.

I hope the above information was useful.

Last edited by cichlidmaniac on Wed May 07, 2008 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cichlidheaven.forumotion.com
khaki

khaki

Benefits of algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefits of algae   Benefits of algae Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:44 pm

i think that is an awesome idea. i think i might do that with my lace rocks.
Back to top Go down

Benefits of algae
Page 1 of 1