World of Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World of Cichlids

Discuss and learn about the world of Cichlids

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ps. Elongatus Holding!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bossyboy

bossyboy

Ps. Elongatus Holding!!! Empty
PostSubject: Ps. Elongatus Holding!!!   Ps. Elongatus Holding!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:22 pm

hey guys,

sforys noticed yesterday that my fish looked like it was holding and its been confirmed! so now come the questions. since i'm new to keeping cichlids, this is the first cichlid that i've had preggers. any help that anyone can give me is great. i hav an isolation tank that i can put the fry in, but i need to kno wat to do with the fish.

thanks for any help
Back to top Go down
sforys

sforys

PostSubject: Re: Ps. Elongatus Holding!!!   Ps. Elongatus Holding!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Ya I think one of my haps is holding(thought it was a male turns out it isnt, didnt see that one coming confused ) anyone have a way i could catch it without taking apart my whole rock setup.
Back to top Go down
khaki

khaki

PostSubject: Re: Ps. Elongatus Holding!!!   Ps. Elongatus Holding!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:10 pm

i usually let my fish hold for 3 weeks before removing it and striping it. i put all my frys into a 10gallon.
Back to top Go down
sforys

sforys

PostSubject: Re: Ps. Elongatus Holding!!!   Ps. Elongatus Holding!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 4:36 pm

I caught her last night. Once the lights went off and the fish got all drowzy and didnt know what was happening i scooped her out and put her in my 10 gallon. She spat out 2 eggs, i'm guessing from stress, but its also her first time and my first time dealing with eggs so live and learn. She was hiding in a cave all day but luckily she was chased out of it once it got dark. When i took her out she was so drowzy that when she realized what was happening she was already in my 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ps. Elongatus Holding!!!   Ps. Elongatus Holding!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ps. Elongatus Holding!!!
Page 1 of 1